Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Blessings!

How do I express all that I’m thankful for this thanksgiving? When I think of the the blessings God had bestowed on me my mind starts racing and it becomes overwhelming! How often do I sit down to think about everything that has been giving to me? How often is my focus on the things I wish I had?


(Psalms 118:24) This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
This is another day that God has blessed me with. I will Glorify His name in the morning and at night! I will sing praise unto Him!

Each day is another day to watch my children grow and kiss their little faces. A chance to teach my children God’s word so that it is hidden in their hearts forever.
(Deuteronomy 11:18- 19) Fix these words of mine in your heart and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them to your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and get up.

Each day is a new day to submit to my husband. (Ephesians 5: 22) Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. This man who God has blessed me with, is my soul mate. My husband is the leader of this home and I am his helper.

Each day is another day to grow in my faith. With every new passage I read, a door to my heart is opened and His Spirit fills me up with conviction and overwhelming joy. The scripture humbles me before God. As I am confessing how low I am, he lifts my head, dries my tears of sorrow and enfolds me with His Love! He reminds me of my worth! (Romans 5:8) But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. How can I argue this love for me?

Each new day is a day to show Christ with in me. To be, a beacon of light in this dark world. (Matthew 5: 14-16) You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise you Father in heaven.

Each new day is a day to Persevere! (Hebrews 12: 1) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witness, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Each new day is a day to rejoice and be thankful! (Hebrews 12: 28-29) There fore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship “God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.”

Still unending days of blessings are to come. I will be blessed with an opportunity to be with my Heavenly Father. (Daniel 7:18) But the saints of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will posses it forever- yes, for ever and ever.

Happy Thanksgiving! God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment